Saturday, January 16, 2010

Keep Continuing Until Infinity

Rozine's Ink was but a dream ten years ago. And now it is an actuality. It all started in college when I was an anti-social art student (I said WHEN I was an anti-social art student). I had some decent watercolor paints, an okay brush and some second hand watercolor paper. A splattered, dripping, tie-dyed swirl of color burst out of me and has come to inspire ten years of creative energy.

In my tiny college living room / studio, I invented an assembly line of these swirly watercolor paintings, cut them to the size of postcards and bookmarks. Hand lettered the address side of the cards and sometimes sketched on the backs of the bookmarks.

I sold a few at an outdoor music festival and began my long journey of market research, adaptability, creativity and drive.

I am still using digital versions of these abstract watercolor pieces. I've combined them with my killer typography passion to receive Zazzle's TBA (Today's Best Award) for my Urban Love Stamp. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment